There are multiple reasons why people have been looking for ways to download Kik for Mac. However, Kik doesn’t have an official release Kik for Mac and this has saddened all the Mac users who’re looking to use Kik on Mac. Users cannot directly download or install kik on their Mac devices but can download it via an emulator. If you’re not sure how you can download an emulator and use it to install Kik, follow the procedure mentioned below.
Download Kik on Mac – Emulator method
Kik is a great way to talk to your friends, relatives and even strangers through text messaging, audio calls or even video calls The best thing about using Kik is that it keeps your identity anonymous until and unless you want it to be revealed. You wouldn’t even need to enter your phone number while signing up.
With the growing popularity of this app, Mac users have been looking for a way to download the app on their devices. Unfortunately, there isn’t any direct method to do so. However, here’s a step by step method to download Kik on Mac through an emulator:-
- The very first thing you’ll need for this method is an emulator. There are plenty of emulators in the market. However, we recommend you to use Bluestacks. Bluestacks can be downloaded from its official website. All you’ll have to do is select the version of windows your machine uses as well as the version of Bluestacks you’d like to download.
- Now, once the emulator has been downloaded, complete the installation procedure and set it up.
- Launch the emulator and in the app store, search for “kik”.
- Click on “install” and wait until the installation finishes.
- Once installed, you can launch the app from the shortcut created on the home screen. If you uninstall the emulator, you won’t be able to use the app anymore. So keep the emulator installed until you want to use the app.
Kik Alternatives for Mac – Apps like Kik
The emulator method explained above is extremely simple to follow. However, some people might prefer using an alternative than downloading an emulator for using Kik on their Mac devices. If you’re looking for some good alternatives to Kik for Mac, here are some of the best we could find:-
Whatsapp initially launched as a text messaging app exclusive to mobile platforms. However, in 2015, the company launched Whatsapp Web, which is the desktop version of the app. Whatsapp Web is the most popular messaging platform for desktop as well as mobile devices.
The best part about Whatsapp Web is that the users aren’t required to download an app or software for using it. It can easily be accessed through web by scanning the QR code.
Adium is another popular messaging app for Mac that might not have an impressive UI but has great functionality. Users can connect this third party client with Google Talk, Twitter, IRC, Bonjour, Jabber etc.
This app has all the basic features that a regular messaging app has. The user interface looks a bit basic and unappealing but wouldn’t cause any navigation error.
Messages is the in-built chat client by Mac. Its features and UI are similar to the inbuilt text messaging app for iPhones. With messages, you can send or receive text messages to anyone using an iPhone or an iPad. The biggest drawback with this chat client is that it doesn’t support AOL, Yahoo, Facebook and similar apps anymore.
If you’re a Mac user and want to download Kik for Mac, you can either download an emulator by following the above procedure or can go for a Kik alternative for Mac. The emulator method isn’t daunting at all and is very easy to follow. However, if you’re not comfortable with downloading an emulator on your Mac, you can go with any of the above alternatives.